Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pet Adoption Fraud and Pet Shipping Scam Video

We have been WARNING the public for upwards of six years about pet adoption SCAMS. Although there has been a lot of progress made with this FRAUD, it does seem that the message is not reaching everyone. I myself have done two TV interviews, a Animal Radio interview and maintained this blog to alert the public about these criminals, and I have said the same thing over and over, if it sounds too good to be true, than it is. If you have found a pet for FREE adoption online, if it is a pure bred puppy or kitten, could be a parrot or maybe a monkey, there is a very good chance that it is a common FRAUD found all over the web. It really makes absolutely no sense to think that people would be just giving away expensive pure bred puppies or other exotic animals for just the " shipping charges ". A two to three thousand dollar English Bulldog, Parrot, or Capuchin Monkey simply would not be given away for FREE, period. You really need to ask yourself the question, does this make sense ? Does this seem right ? These criminals are everywhere on the internet, some even on paid inclusion sites. They place ads and wait for the unsuspecting to contact them, they than begin to bombard you with emails and try to make you make quick financial decisions. Once you make the fatal error of sending these crooks your money, through Western Union or MoneyGram at your local Walmart, it is lost forever. These companies mentioned above must not really care too much about the millions lost by their clients every year, but why? The reason is because they make their money on every transaction illegal or other, to them it is just another sale. It is totally up to you to protect yourself from these criminals. It also important to mention that all of these crooks are from Africa, or African countries, Cameroon, Nigeria etc... They may claim to be Americans, that need to move quickly, with a tragic story to tell, but they are just liars and criminals. Do not fall for this kind of common FRAUD. If you think that you have been in contact with a common African Pet adoption FRAUDSTER, please contact a professional to verify, and never ever send money to anyone by WU or MG for a pet adoption. Please leave your story to warn others of this common problem which is still alive and kicking. Until next time......

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donni said...

I fell for one of these scams and I felt as if I had been violated! We just put our 17 year old calico to sleep.I was looking for a Bengal kitten and came across an ad on ASNClassifieds.com for "Gorgeous Bengal kittens Ready for Re-Homing" in our local area. I sent an email and got virtually an immediate response. This person was going on about "praying" for the right person to take her kittens. I could pick from 2, a male and a female or take both, 1 for $260, both for $500. I was even sent photos of the two kittens. All was going great until the representative from the shipping company contacted my husband and was being incredibly insistent about having my husband get the money to the Western Union immediately so the owner could get the kitten shipped out. The final tip off was that the money was going to an account in Cameroon. When I attempted to call the representative back, I reached a voicemail stating that the "Magic Jack" customer I was trying to reach was not available. A few minutes later the representative called back. When I explained the transaction would not be completed because I felt it was a scam, he hung up on me. Don't fall for this. I was heartbroken by not getting the beautiful kitten but, so relieved we did not fall for this.